The Victorian Wader Study Group produces an annual bulletin. You can freely access and download all issues of the bulletin, as well as other documents from the VSWG publications page.
If you wish to contribute to future issues of the bulletin, please contact Dr Roz Jessop.
Other useful links and sites:
- Australian Bird and Bat Banding Scheme (ABBBS)
- Australasian Wader Studies Group (AWSG)
- New South Wales (NSW)Wader Studies Group
Cannon-netting activities - Contact: Phil Straw (02) 9597 7765
Wader counts - Contact: Phil Straw (02) 9597 7765
- Queensland (QLD)Wader Studies Group
Chairman - Contact: Jon Coleman
- Western Australia (WA)
Perth: Cannon-netting activities - Contact: Mike Bamford (08) 9309 3671
- Broome Bird Observatory (BBO)
Wardens: (08) 9193 5600
- Birdlife Australia
BirdLife Australia was created in 2012 from the merger of Birds Australia and Bird Observation & Conservation Australia (BOCA).For more than 100 years, these two groups have been powerful advocates for native birds and their habitats. Now, they have united as an independent, not-for-profit organisation with one important aim: creating a bright future for Australia's birds. Phone: (03) 9347 0757
Some international sites which contain information and/or photos of waders.
- East Asian-Australasian Flyway Partnership (EAAFP) - is the forum for government, not-for-profit research and conservation groups and private enterprise to get together and formulate conservation programs for migratory waterbirds, their habitat and the livelihoods of people dependent on them across our flyway.
- Wetlands International - is the world's leading non-profit organisation concerned with the conservation of wetlands and wetland species.
- Wetlands International Oceania has all the numbers of birds and migration maps for our flyway.
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) (UK):
- Shorebird Resighting Information of the East Asia-Australasian Flyway
The website was set up and is maintained by Chung Yu Chiang, a prominent shorebird researcher in Taiwan, who along with other members of the active Taiwan Wader Studies Group, search for waders banded and flagged by the VWSG and others across the EAAF.
- Western Atlantic Shorebird Association (WASA)
- International Wader Study Group (IWSG)
- Birds Korea is dedicated to the conservation of birds and their habitats in Korea and the wider Yellow Sea Eco-region.
- Some stunning shorebird photos, including guides to ageing can be found on the website of Nobuhiro Hashimoto
- To add a link to this listing:
(Please forward the site URL and a brief description to Birgita via email - click on the email-box.)
- To report a broken link please email Birgita.